Nuffnang

lu ikot gua, gua ikot lu. tarak hal punya.

suka blog ni? macam laik a gisik? zasss

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Toshiba L745-1050X Review

What came with the box:

Laptop, Battery, Adapter, User Manual.

Appearance:

the whole laptop except the bottom have some dotted design. it uses 2 hinge on the right and left to hold the screen to the body. i think its okay but definitely cannot beat the Asus N53S design. scren can be tilt till 145+- degrees which is useful when using high notebook stand.


Keyboard and Touchpad:

a geat keyboard that did not feel cramped. it is well arranged and the typing response is tactile enough. i dont know if it's just me but the keyboard on the left just feel weird when playing games. function button on the top is very good. not too small and not too big. easily readable.
touchpad is also good. responsive and the feel is nice since it has a lil bit of rough texture to differentiate the pad and the palm rest. furthermore, it does support multitouch gesture.

Speakers:

honestly, this speaker is just crap. totally worst when compared to my previous TX2500. song played at 60% have already distorted. it wasn't loud enough for me. my expectation was high when it says stereo speakers but i guess you did get what you pay for right?
this is when you need to plug in external speakers with subwoofer for a great audio experience.

Preloaded Software:

Microsoft® Office Starter 2010, Norton Internet Security™ (60 days trial), WildTangent, Skype, Microsoft® Windows Live (Windows Live Mail, Windows Live Messenger, Windows Live Photo Gallery, Windows Live Writer), Microsoft® Bing, Toshiba ConfigFree™ Connectivity Doctor, Toshiba Face Recognition, Toshiba ECO Utility, Toshiba Bulletin Board, Toshiba ReelTime, Toshiba Zooming Utility, Toshiba Power Saver Utility, Toshiba Assist, Toshiba PC Health Monitor, Toshib Video Player, Corel Digital Studio for Toshiba, Adobe Reader, Toshiba Speech System, Toshiba Web Camera Application, Toshiba Disc Creator, Toshiba Flash Cards, HDD Recovery.

at first startup of this toshiba when it come out of box, you can choose to install 32-bit or 64-bit of windows 7 home premium. thats a very nice feature. furthermore, you can set up the partition size of Drive C at that time. no need to mess around with your head since its done already.
for me, the microsoft office, norton, wild tangent, and skype are the only crap among all. others are fine enough to be kept. what's more important is the Toshiba HWSetup. what a nice feature it has such as Toshiba Fast Boot. look what i got, it really does start things up fast. my startup program is full with toshiba software and yet still no lag. hahahahaa
you need to download and install directX 11 since it doesn't come with the preinstalled software.


Multitasking Experience

this machine has the best multi-tasking experience for budget under rm2k. i never i thought i could do it all with this laptop. i've opened multiple tabs with chrome, rockmelt and ie9. still no lag or delay at all. furthermore, i've added black ops, plants vs zombies, dota, angry birds, and battlefield bad company. thehell. everything still runs smooth. imagine this with core i7 quad core. i'd be dead i presume.


Windows Experience Index
before i installed 2gb ram, the score is 5.5
after add 2gb ram that makes it a total of 4gb, the score became 5.7
then overclocked it to original spec of 600mhz rather than original factory setting of 475 mhz, the score became 5.9

before the overclock gt525m


after the overclock gt525m




Gaming Experience:

i was surprised with the capability of this machine. it can play Prototype with all max settings without lag. wow. last time when i tried with the ATI3200, it looked like i was watching powerpoint. the hell? hahaha. got to test with need for speed undercover, max setting no problem. company of heroes set to ultra settings also no problem. Battlefield bad company 2 max resolution also no problem. COD Black Ops all set up to optimal setting and it went smooth. no lag at all. DOTA? hell yeah. smooth and finger lickin good.


this is the temperature and speed when running battlefield bad company


Battery Life:


the battery is good enough for me to survive when working outside. tested it with a lil bit of wifi, lil bit off typing, lil bit of berukband with 40% screen brightness and i got 3 hour and 15 minute with toshiba eco mode. maybe if i drop the brightness and close more program, it could add another half and hour. i guess its because of the 4400mah capacity which is considered low unlike N53S with 5200mah.

here are some more pictures :-







9 comments:

  1. Assalamualaikum

    ade express card slot tak laptop ni?

    awat tunjuk aurat kat atas :O

    tq

    ReplyDelete
  2. laptop ni xdak express card la bro. untuk daily normal usage boleh la laptop ni. aurat? hehehe. nati saya edit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there! I understand this is somewhat off-topic however I nеeԁed
    to ask. Does οperаting a well-еstablishеd ωеbsite likе youгѕ take a massіѵe amount work?
    I am completely new to blogging but I do wrіtе in my dіary eνeryday.
    I'd like to start a blog so I can easily share my personal experience and views online. Please let me know if you have any kind of suggestions or tips for new aspiring bloggers. Appreciate it!

    Feel free to visit my webpage devis Fenetres

    ReplyDelete
  4. My spouѕe and I abѕolutelу love уour
    blog and fіnd nеarly all of your poѕt's to be exactly what I'm loоκing for.
    сan yοu οffer guest writers to writе content avаilаble for you?
    I ωouldn't mind writing a post or elaborating on a number of the subjects you write in relation to here. Again, awesome web log!

    My web-site disque ssd

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read this post fully regarding the resemblance of latest and earlier technologies, it's amazing article.

    Also visit my blog; maquillage

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there! I could have sworn I've been to this web site before but after looking at a few of the posts I realized it's new to me.

    Anyways, I'm certainly happy I came across it and I'll be book-marking it and checking back frequently!


    my page: Roland Garros

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it whenever people get together and share views. Great blog,
    keep it up!

    Review my web blog :: voyance Gratuite

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi there mates, its impressive piece of writing on the topic
    of educationand entirely defined, keep it up all the time.



    Also visit my blog - voyance

    ReplyDelete
  9. If you are going for best contents like I do, only visit this website daily
    for the reason that it offers quality contents, thanks

    my weblog: voyance par telephone

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...